Trimming a Media Item
Use the trimming tool to trim the start and/or end of your media. Trimming is only available to entitled users.
Trimming media will modify the source media permanently. Create a clip to trim a copy and preserve the original media in Kaltura. See Clipping a Media Entry.
To trim media
- Set the Range. Use any of the methods listed in Setting a Range.
- Click Save to create a new media item.
Let say you would like to trim off the first minute and last 30 seconds of the video.
- Go to My Media and select the video you want to trim or create a clip from.
- Launch the Kaltura Editor. See Launching Kaltura Video Editing Tools.
- In this example, the desired start time will be one minute. Drag the handlebar to the 1.00 point on the video. You can also select to input the 1:00 time manually.
The manual input time syncs with Real-Time maker you set.
- The handlebar should snap to the Real-Time marker. Drag the other end to the time mark 30 seconds less prior to the end and use the manual time input as a guide to the exact time.
You have now the desired segment of the original video.
- (Optional) If you want to change the segment of the selected trimmed media to another segment on the timeline, click on the thumbnail that you created and drag it to the desired frame on the Timeline.
The trimmed segment that you created for 1 minute is now on a different part of your media.
- Click Save. The following window is displayed:
- Click Save. A progress bar is displayed.
- Go to My Media to affirm that the clip has been created in My Media.